Sunday, December 14, 2008

Completely unrelated to the Peace Corps...


I have feelings that exist outside of my experience in the Peace Corps...I think. I have already talked about sacrifising peices of my identity to assimilate to this culture. I am currently on cultural strike. I will not eat a ton of rice, I will not sacrifice my almost 27 year old body because you do not understand the meaning of POCO!!! I don´t know what´s going on right now in my life. I might not be staying at my current site for much longer and I am really conflicted about the whole situation. The reason they are contemplating moving me are very good but I can´t help but feel guilty about the situation. I don´t know, unfortunately, I really don´t have much to say. I miss my mom, my dad, my nephews and neice, my family in Lima, my friends in the states, my friends in the Peace Corps, my friends in the World...etc. Leaving Lima was really difficult and I look forward to returning.

3 comments:

Mommy said...

Baby,
This picture is beautiful! Your Peru mom is very pretty, and your sister (the older one) is beautiful! Hang in there, things will turn out for the better. I love you and also miss you something terrible, but I am also thinking about my trip in May.

Love you lots,
Mommy

Em said...

HEY!!!!
I miss you too.....yea dont eat too much rice....strike...go find that italian food you were talking about...LOL (good luck) ok call me later...love you and miss you A-LOT...ttyl xo
Em

ps. ironically the word verification that it asks you...was ponesca..hmm italian or spanish sounding...either way its a sign to try and get some pasta...LOL whenyou get back its all about the sausage and peppers and pasta and all the yummy goodness...lol
xo

Dakota House said...

You are gaining so much wisdom... all of this conflict, sacrifice, and difficulty is gold being refined within you.

The beauty you gain now will only increase with the years.

My prayers are with you.