Friday, November 21, 2008

Site visit...


I'm not even sure what I am supposed to say whenever I write these things. Do I fill them with all of the silly little anecdotes experienced in my daily Peruvian life, do I bore y'all with the awkwardness that comes with being an American in a different culture, or do I share the multiple personalities I have encountered within myself in the past 8 weeks. I really don't know. As a solution to all of the above I have decided to share what is in my heart which quite honestly is the only thing I know how to share.

As I have mentioned before there are lots of ups and downs in this journey. What I have learned this past week is that not only is my experience a means to an end but it is also a life changing experience. I'm not sure I am the same person and I am expressing that only after 8 weeks. Which means in all reality I probably will not even recognize myself in 2 years.

My friends here are amazing and I honestly do not know what I would do without them but I guess I am about to find out. I don't think I am allowed to tell you where I will be living for the next two years but I will tell you this....it's far from where I am now, it's hot, and there's malaria. I am moving next week and I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared SHITLESS but I'll be fine and I know that.

My new home is amazing and the people are great. There is a lot of work to be done and all I can do is hope and pray that I make a difference in this community. I don't have many pictures because I was a bit camera shy when I first arrived but here is a pic of 2 out of my 3 brothers...

4 comments:

Mommy said...

Hi Baby,
You are an amazing young lady...and I am so proud to have a daughter like you!!! I guess, I didn't do such a bad job after all;o)

Love you always & forever,
Mommy

Anonymous said...

I love you!!

and your mama did a FABULOUS job :)

Miley said...

Really neat post Giorgi! Now get your ass on skype so we can chat :D

Dakota House said...

i like everything you write on here.

and from the heart is always good.

keep writing.