Saturday, October 18, 2008

Today...


Every day is different, I guess as most days are. Today I have a headache. Spent some time at the Casablanca today which could basically be described as a small farm run by an old Peruvian couple one of whom graduated from Cornell. Crazy shit! I mean literally crazy shit! The farm has run off energy from guinea pig shit for the past 14 years. I don't think I have mentioned this before but Peruvian's eat guinea pig's. They are called CUY. Cuy shit is also very useful. It can be used to cover up the smell in the latrine's, in making compost and in being turned into a gas for energy. CRAZY SHIT!!!! Anyhow, after the farm we went to lunch at a place in Chaclacayo which has subsequently become my favorite Cebiche restaurant. Delicious! Hung around for a while afterwards eating cake and drinking beer. It's always nice to hang out with good friends. We have a lot of fun. My emotional compass is way off lately and I can't pin point it. I don't feel home sick. There is nothing outstanding about Peru that makes me uncomfortable...what is it? I wish I knew. Maybe I am lying to myself. Maybe it's something that is right in front of my face. I don't know. All I do know is that it will pass. Anyhow...blah blah. La la. I'll attach some pictures :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

shit is fucking crazy dude. Shit!

Sarah Badorine said...

Just tell me one thing, have you eaten a guinea pig yet?