Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Field Trip!


Today WatSan (Water Sanitation) was blessed with the opportunity to go out into the field. The field basically consists of being dropped off in a town and being told to investigate a water system. Clearly, I am not an engineer by any standards but it gave me the chance to see an actual water system and how it works. More than that I was really impressed by the amount I learned just simply getting the chance to interact in the community and get some real hands on experience. It was refreshing really.

Back on the flip side in what I like to call ¨real life¨my grandmother is in the hospital and not doing so well. All I can really ask for are some prayers. It´s weird cause these things are expected from old people, right? I guess my main concern is that I have a father that´s no more than six or seven years younger than my grandmother. Will this happen to him also? Who know? No sense in really worrying about it. I´ve been keeping busy so it´s easy to push these questions to the back of my mind.

Other than that, things are going relatively well. Had a lot of fun today on the field trip, rocking out on the bus, bringing back the old school if you know what I mean. Making some really great friends here. Lots of time to think which is lovely. Clarity is really important in all of this. Lots of clarity.

3 comments:

Miley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miley said...

Hola Giorgi, great to hear you are enjoying yourself. Well done and fair play! So I just Googled Peru facts and the average life expectancy in modern Peru is 63 years for men and 67 years for women. AHHHHH, get the hell outa there!! ;D Miss you loads...

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. Hang in there...love you and miss you!