Thursday, August 7, 2008

Last days...

Well, I am a week and a day away from leaving the job that I have been doing so well for two years ;) It's bitter-sweet as a co-worker and I described it just a few minutes ago. Almost like graduating from high school...you'll miss the friends but not the school. As those close to me know the journey to becoming a Peace Corps Invitee has been ...well, challenging at times. I will not bore you with the details of what went wrong because it's just not worth reliving. What matters most now is that it's almost here.

I will be leaving New York on August 24 to go spend some time in California with my mother and friends before I depart on September 10th to serve as a Peace Corps Volunteer for 2 YEARS!!!!! I created this blog so that I can keep my family and friends updated on my life abroad. I look forward to sharing stories and photos with everyone. Feel free to leave comments :)

5 comments:

davidlee930 said...

this was an awesome first post! Great job! woo HOOOOOOO!

Em said...

YAY for PERU!!! you are going to have an amazing experience...I am going to miss you!!! SKYPE FO SHO!

Seol said...

peru.....that's far. WILL MISS YOU MUCHO!!! ^^

Aury said...

Hope youhave a wonderful and amazing experience!!! BE SAFE!!!

Miley said...

Hi Giorgi...I really hope you have a wonderful time in Peru. I will miss you more than you think. You deserve a lot from life and I hope that your experience in Peru and with the PC will bring you that much closer to fulfilling your dreams and your ambitions.
ádh mór ort! ;)